Level 1 is for the entry level instructor who wants to teach the fundamentals of inline skating: gliding, striding, stopping and turning. Instructors will learn an internationally recognized format of teaching progressions and terminology.
- Instructional skill development program
- Instructional theory
- Field Instruction by ICP Examiner
- Seminar on getting started as an instructor
- Written & practical examinations
- Recognition as “ICP Certified®” (Website listing, lesson referrals,professional discounts, instructor only online forum, etc..)*
- Use of ICP Mark**
- Liability insurance***
*Validity of certification and recognition through the Inline Certification Program (ICP) as “ICP Certified®” is subject to annual membership renewal and continuing education credits. Details for continuing education to be announced in 2014.
**All instructors using the ICP Mark to promote their certification credentials must be up to date with membership fees and continuing education credits.
***Additional fee required. Not available in all countries. Check with individual country examiner or program coordinator for availability.
All instructor candidates must begin with Level 1. Full Protective Gear (Helmet, Knee Pads, Elbow Pads, Wrist Guards) and Heel Brake are compulsory and must be worn throughout program.
Instructor candidates must exhibit intermediate skating skills including backward skating, forward to backward transitions and crossovers. A complete listing of required skills can be found below.
|Level 1 Skating Requirements (Videos)|
|Beginner Movement||Advanced Beginner Movement|
|Beginner Turning||Advanced Beginner Turning|
|Beginner Stopping||Advanced Beginner Stopping
|Additional Skills (Skating Only):
* Compulsory but not teachable. Backward propulsion with any method possible (examples below):
- Backward Swizzle
- Backward Movement