Level 1 is for the entry level instructor who wants to teach the fundamentals of inline skating: gliding, striding, stopping and turning. Instructors will learn an internationally recognized format of teaching progressions and terminology.
- Instructional skill development program
- Instructional theory
- Field Instruction by ICP Examiner
- Seminar on getting started as an instructor
- Written & practical examinations
- ICP membership (Website listing, lesson referrals,professional discounts, instructor only online forum, etc..)*
- Liability insurance**
*To maintain certification and recognition through the Inline Certification Program after 2014, ALL Certified Instructors will be required to renew membership annually and complete continuing education requirements. Details for continuing education to be announced in 2014.
**Additional fee required. Not available in all countries. Check with individual country examiner or program coordinator for availability.
All instructor candidates must begin with Level 1.
|Level 1 Skating Requirements (Videos)|
|Beginner Movement||Advanced Beginner Movement|
|Beginner Turning||Advanced Beginner Turning|
|Beginner Stopping||Advanced Beginner Stopping
|Additional Skills (Skating Only):
* Compulsory but not teachable. Backward propulsion with any method possible (examples below):
- Backward Swizzle
- Backward Movement